Skip to main content

Blog Journal #6

    Personally, I do not like Diigo. When I first created an account, it made me re-do the sign-up three separate times and was much more complicated than it should have been. I'm not very fond of the setup of Diigo because there is a lot of clutter on my screen, which confounds my focus and concentration. The fonts on the website also bother me because they are so small and close together, making it hard for me to read because I have dyslexia. Because of that, I have to concentrate extra hard on the words and zoom in. If it were up to me, I would choose not to use Diigo again in a personal or academic setting. 

    I like blogging because I enjoy both writing and designing. The design comes with Blogger, and I can choose my own font, colors, size, etc. Sometimes I wouldn't say I like blogging when there is a question I have to answer that does not interest me very much. However, this goes for most people. I have learned how better to use Grammarly in my blogging because I use it to check my writing. I have found that I can add goals to my writing, accomodating what assignment I am doing. 

    An exciting Web 2.0 tool that I have used in the past in classroom settings was FlipGrid. FlipGrid, which we used during the first week of assignments, is a Web 2.0 tool that allows students to post a video of themselves answering a question, voting their opinion, or taking part in a discussion for a class or group. FlipGrid is nice because you can add filters, backdrops, draw on the screen, insert pictures or videos, and other fun effects. My review for FlipGrid is: I absolutely love it - it's easy, fun, you can get a lot out of it, and it's an excellent alternative for class discussions for children who have social anxiety or are afraid to speak their minds in front of others. The only downside is sometimes I wish I could post something privately to the teacher if I have personal information in my video. Therefore, my rating would be a 9.1 out of 10.  Click here for the link to my example FlipGrid. 


Comments

  1. Great post! I also dont really like diigo that much but it has grown on me and a great thing about it is that you can disable it when youre not working on schoolwork.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #9

     Distance learning has never been my favorite. It has its pros and cons, but overall, I have found that I enjoy in-person classes more. One thing I like about this distance learning class is that all of the assignments are posted on Monday. I can get all my weekly assignments out of the way early, so I don't have to worry about them affecting my downtime or weekend. One thing I dislike about distance learning is it makes it difficult to ask questions and have a connection with the instructor. I came from a very small school, and I had personal relationships with all of my teachers, and taking a class online can easily prevent that from happening. One thing I would do to improve the experience of distance learning is set up meetings with my students - not just office hours but a required meeting at the beginning of the year or semester to just chat and get to know each other, so my students could get a sense that I am a real person willing to help and talk.            OER resour

EME2040 First Blog Post

 Welcome to my first blog post for EME2040!     My name is Chloe Secunda, and I am so excited to be in this class. I am a freshman here at FSU majoring in Elementary Education, and I live in Bryan Hall on campus with my one roommate and two suitemates. I was born in Hawaii but moved to Florida when I was three. I love the beach so much since I basically grew up on it, so being in Tallahassee is a bit difficult for me, but even so, I still love it and all the people I've met so far. My goal after graduation is to be a teacher for third grade at the school I graduated from in Vero Beach. It is a small private Jk-12 school on the river and has the most family feel out of any school I have ever seen. I hope this class will help me be a better teacher in the future.      The high school that I graduated from was very technologically advanced, with Apple TVs and projectors in every room, also requiring MacBooks for every student since almost all of our work was done on the computer. On t