Skip to main content

Blog Journal #7

    For Leon High School, the link brought me to a page full of employees of the school. Each link was different, depending on the status of the employee, which was interesting. Some profiles had pictures, which was nice because it made the staff come off as friendly and welcoming, such as a teacher named Scott Evans had a picture of him smiling while skiing down a slope. There is also an option to view each teacher's assignments. However, I assume the students with only those specific teachers can view those because I could not. 



    I will be using technology very much once I move onto the professional field. Many online sources have helped me in school already, such as Grammarly, one of my favorites - which I plan on continuing to use for a very long time! I also plan on using Twitter if I end up teaching in an elementary classroom. Many other teachers and educators in the Twitter community have so many ideas to share, such as classroom bonding activities, class trips, learning tactics, daily lesson plans, and tips, etc. 

    Working on PB Works was difficult for both my group and me. I did not enjoy it. First of all, the layout of PB Works is very messy. When you enter the page, all the text is small, and there is a lot of it, so you become pretty overwhelmed first seeing it. It was challenging to edit things when my group was working together because only one person could edit at a time, and we had to have a two-hour Zoom call to figure it out and take turns. We eventually had to switch over to GoogleDocs because it was so frustrating. It was also hard trying to navigate the different "pages" of our website. I would not use wiki with my future K-12 students. I have used GoogleSites; it is much better; it is easier to navigate, easy to design and edit, and not as bunched up and messy looking with such small text. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #9

     Distance learning has never been my favorite. It has its pros and cons, but overall, I have found that I enjoy in-person classes more. One thing I like about this distance learning class is that all of the assignments are posted on Monday. I can get all my weekly assignments out of the way early, so I don't have to worry about them affecting my downtime or weekend. One thing I dislike about distance learning is it makes it difficult to ask questions and have a connection with the instructor. I came from a very small school, and I had personal relationships with all of my teachers, and taking a class online can easily prevent that from happening. One thing I would do to improve the experience of distance learning is set up meetings with my students - not just office hours but a required meeting at the beginning of the year or semester to just chat and get to know each other, so my students could get a sense that I am a real person willing to help and talk.            OER resour

EME2040 First Blog Post

 Welcome to my first blog post for EME2040!     My name is Chloe Secunda, and I am so excited to be in this class. I am a freshman here at FSU majoring in Elementary Education, and I live in Bryan Hall on campus with my one roommate and two suitemates. I was born in Hawaii but moved to Florida when I was three. I love the beach so much since I basically grew up on it, so being in Tallahassee is a bit difficult for me, but even so, I still love it and all the people I've met so far. My goal after graduation is to be a teacher for third grade at the school I graduated from in Vero Beach. It is a small private Jk-12 school on the river and has the most family feel out of any school I have ever seen. I hope this class will help me be a better teacher in the future.      The high school that I graduated from was very technologically advanced, with Apple TVs and projectors in every room, also requiring MacBooks for every student since almost all of our work was done on the computer. On t