Skip to main content

Blog Journal #4

    I chose grade 3, standard LAFS.3.SL.1.2. This standard basically helps with text, speech, and listening skills, allowing children to point out main ideas and supporting details of a cause in something they have read. They can do this by using software for visual presentations or audio explanations. I think as a teacher, I would use this skill. Being able to retrieve information from a text you have read and explain that to someone else is very important not only for school but also for interacting with others. I could quickly implement this based on my current skill set because I was gone over a lot from elementary through high school. 

    I chose the English department for grade three to find a tool. The tool I found was a lesson video about sea turtles. The video walks through the "experiment" that the children will be producing, covering simple facts that have already been previously learned. The video was step-by-step, explaining procedures and background information, easily understandable for kids. I would use this in my classroom because it is professional and well put together, all simultaneously simple enough for young children to understand what is going on. 

    I believe internet searching is important for teachers because there are many activities, learning mechanisms, and overall techniques notes that can be taken and made from other teachers in an online community. The snippet internet searching skill is beneficial, however not always available. When this is not available, I check multiple pages to answer my question, which was spoken about in the reading. Another internet searching skill that I often use is through my iPhone with Siri or my google home. It is convenient to just ask a question out loud without disrupting my train of thought.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #9

     Distance learning has never been my favorite. It has its pros and cons, but overall, I have found that I enjoy in-person classes more. One thing I like about this distance learning class is that all of the assignments are posted on Monday. I can get all my weekly assignments out of the way early, so I don't have to worry about them affecting my downtime or weekend. One thing I dislike about distance learning is it makes it difficult to ask questions and have a connection with the instructor. I came from a very small school, and I had personal relationships with all of my teachers, and taking a class online can easily prevent that from happening. One thing I would do to improve the experience of distance learning is set up meetings with my students - not just office hours but a required meeting at the beginning of the year or semester to just chat and get to know each other, so my students could get a sense that I am a real person willing to help and talk.            OER resour

EME2040 First Blog Post

 Welcome to my first blog post for EME2040!     My name is Chloe Secunda, and I am so excited to be in this class. I am a freshman here at FSU majoring in Elementary Education, and I live in Bryan Hall on campus with my one roommate and two suitemates. I was born in Hawaii but moved to Florida when I was three. I love the beach so much since I basically grew up on it, so being in Tallahassee is a bit difficult for me, but even so, I still love it and all the people I've met so far. My goal after graduation is to be a teacher for third grade at the school I graduated from in Vero Beach. It is a small private Jk-12 school on the river and has the most family feel out of any school I have ever seen. I hope this class will help me be a better teacher in the future.      The high school that I graduated from was very technologically advanced, with Apple TVs and projectors in every room, also requiring MacBooks for every student since almost all of our work was done on the computer. On t