Skip to main content

Blog Journal #3



 Blog Journal #3


    To me, copyright means taking someone else's work without permission or without giving credit. In educational use, it means pretty much that, just more complex. It affects the classroom mainly by using textbooks, software, and videos in classes. Fair use, to me, means being able to use someone else's work - but to an extent. Fair use, when used for educational purposes, allows instructors to copy specific material for nonprofit educational purposes. However, it depends on how much work you are copying and how you will be using that copyrighted work.  
    If I find a rising problem with academic dishonesty in my class, I will plan to implement the issue with a lengthy presentation of plagiarism. I will want to stress to the children how big of an academic crime it is to be academically dishonest with your work once you reach high school and college. I will also implement TurnItIn on my classroom assignments, a program that detects plagiarism throughout the internet. Secondly, if I found a decrease in student productivity during class and on tasks, I would fix the problem by asking the children what they want to learn. I believe education should be enjoyable, and if all of my students are not doing their assignments well, I would be the one failing them. It could be fixed by involving new technology that is fun to them, more hands-on activities, possible change in classroom direction... I would like to fit their needs.  
    After working on my Newsletter, I became very familiar with Canva. Canva is very fun and was extremely helpful in my process of creation. I felt like a teacher creating something for my students to bring home and read with their parents. In the future, I could make my newsletters more eye-catching but less busy. I feel like I had a lot of clip art thrown around, which might have been a little busy for such a young child to be looking at. On the other hand, children enjoy reading more when animation and pictures are involved, so I will use those learning skills in my future career when creating assignments and tasks. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #9

     Distance learning has never been my favorite. It has its pros and cons, but overall, I have found that I enjoy in-person classes more. One thing I like about this distance learning class is that all of the assignments are posted on Monday. I can get all my weekly assignments out of the way early, so I don't have to worry about them affecting my downtime or weekend. One thing I dislike about distance learning is it makes it difficult to ask questions and have a connection with the instructor. I came from a very small school, and I had personal relationships with all of my teachers, and taking a class online can easily prevent that from happening. One thing I would do to improve the experience of distance learning is set up meetings with my students - not just office hours but a required meeting at the beginning of the year or semester to just chat and get to know each other, so my students could get a sense that I am a real person willing to help and talk.            OER resour

EME2040 First Blog Post

 Welcome to my first blog post for EME2040!     My name is Chloe Secunda, and I am so excited to be in this class. I am a freshman here at FSU majoring in Elementary Education, and I live in Bryan Hall on campus with my one roommate and two suitemates. I was born in Hawaii but moved to Florida when I was three. I love the beach so much since I basically grew up on it, so being in Tallahassee is a bit difficult for me, but even so, I still love it and all the people I've met so far. My goal after graduation is to be a teacher for third grade at the school I graduated from in Vero Beach. It is a small private Jk-12 school on the river and has the most family feel out of any school I have ever seen. I hope this class will help me be a better teacher in the future.      The high school that I graduated from was very technologically advanced, with Apple TVs and projectors in every room, also requiring MacBooks for every student since almost all of our work was done on the computer. On t